Borrowing and Request
- For borrowing, a maximum of 5 books (pieces) can be borrowed per card, and the loan period of each book (piece) is 14 days.
A.Closed stacks request: A maximum of 5 books and 3 pieces of audiovisual materials can be requested at a time per card.
B.Remote request: A maximum of 10 books and 6 pieces of audiovisual materials can be requested at a time per card. The request application period shall be handled in accordance with the center's "Instruction Sheet for Requesting Library Materials".
C.The requested library materials are for center use only and shall be returned on the same day.
- The borrowers and requesters of library materials must abide by the relevant regulations of the Ministry of Culture’s "Measures for the Classification of Published Products and Video Programs".
Suspension and Compensation
- Library materials should be cherished. In case of theft, damage, loss, graffiti or defacement, users should be responsible for compensation and the center may suspend their right of use.
- Borrowed books must be returned within the specified time limit. The borrowing right will be suspended if the library materials are overdue. One day of overdue for each book is converted into one day of suspension, and the upper limit of suspension is 60 days. After the overdue books are returned, the borrowing right will not be resumed until the expiration of the suspension days.
- For the compensation of library materials, the same version of the materials should be purchased. If the same version cannot be purchased, the compensation shall be calculated based on the price. The pricing method is as follows:
- If there is a “fixed price”, the compensation will be calculated at twice the fixed price.
- If the “basic price” is adopted, the price will be multiplied by 60 times.
- Library materials that are not marked with a price shall be compensated according to the following principles:
- Chinese books: books with less than 100 pages are priced at NT$500 each. If it exceeds 100 pages, it will be calculated by page, and each page will be charged at NT$5.
- Foreign language books: books with less than 100 pages are priced at NT$1000 each. If it exceeds 100 pages, it will be calculated by page, and each page will be charged at NT$10.
- For domestically published audio recordings, each piece is priced at NT$1,000; each video recording is priced at NT$3,500.
- Audio and video recordings published abroad are priced at NT$5,000 per piece.
- If the attachment is lost or damaged, the compensation will be calculated at twice the fixed price of the materials.
Instruction Sheet for Requesting Library Materials
|Closed Stacks Request
|A maximum of 5 books and 3 pieces of audiovisual materials can be requested at a time per card.
|A maximum of 10 books and 6 pieces of audiovisual materials can be requested at a time per card.
Tuesday to Saturday: 09:00-20:30
|Pick up time
|After 10:00 before closing
|After 14:00 before closing
|After 18:00 before closing
|Pick Up Location
|The service counter of the Open Lab Multimedia Center
|Pick up with the Open Lab Card during opening hours.